Who on this earth does not like a good slice of cake? Well if you don’t, you must be kidding or unless you are diet conscious. Since its Christmas Eve, you are definitely going to bake for your kids specially if not for yourself because nothing more than a delicious cake can make their Eve more special. Now you wish for it to be delicious enough and admirable of course. Let me tell you one thing, if it looks delicious, it tastes delicious and its beauty will be the hit of your holiday bash. Let your home burst with soft bites of yummy cake. We have you covered this year with 10 Best And Delicious Christmas Cake Recipes with different flavors which is for sure going to be your chatter of the day.
10. Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Oh you want a bet on strawberries? Get ready to lose. This cheesy strawberry cake is so going to activate your salivation. Recipe: In a bowl, toss strawberries with sugar, set aside. In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and orange juice until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Set aside. Cut pound cake in ½ inch cubes. Drain strawberries, reserving juice. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cubes in a 4 quart trifle dish or clear serving bowl. Top with a third of cream cheese mixture and half of the strawberries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
9. Christmas Nut Cake
Let’s get some nuts out of their shells this year. Nah don’t worry, you won’t need squirrels for that. A nutcracker will make your work easy. This nut loaf is full of nuts. Everybody likes it except a few nuts. Recipe: Preheat oven to 135 degrees C. line two 5*9 inch loaf pans with eased parchment paper. Combine the almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, Dates, red and green cherries; mix well. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine with nut mixture and mix well. Beat eggs and vanilla, add to nut and flour mixture and mix well. Press into 2 lined loaf pans and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Set aside for 5 minutes and remove from pans. Completely cool on wire rack.
8. Eggnog Cake
This is the one for drink lovers. Turn this holiday staple drink into a cake for an ultimate slice and the flavor of both in a single dessert.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Beat ½ cup butter and 1 ¼ cups sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blend well in butter.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and ¼ teaspoon lemon peel, mixing well.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Pour flour mixture into the batter alternatively with 1 cup eggnog, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in bourbon. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Christmas Fruitcake
Yes, a healthy dessert exists. More than taste and beauty, it is enriched with fresh fruits, which is the choice of many.
- So, if you have a fruit bay in your home then go fetch some fruits and use them well for a Christmas pudding. Soak cherries, mangoes, cranberries, currants and citron in ¼ cup rum for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Butter a 6*3 inch round pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix into butter and sugar in three batches, alternating with molasses and milk. Stir in soaked fruits and chopped nuts. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheat oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with 2 tablespoon rum.
6. Chocolate lava Cake
Here comes the one for chocolate lovers. This lava cake is so irresistible. See how with a slight cut of knife, the lava bursts up and you won’t be able to keep your hands of it.Try and enjoy this chocolate lava.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease 3 ramekins with a little melted butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter either using microwave or bain-marie.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and Chelsea Raw Caster Sugar until the mixture turns pale and frothy.
- Pour the melted chocolate into egg mixture. Stir in the flour.
- Fill the ramekins ¾ full with the cake mix and bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Once out the oven, let cool for 1-2 minutes and play with the lava.
5. Christmas Wreath Cake
Another heart pleasing and mouth Watering cake for Christmas is a wreath cake, to be made quickly with in no time.
- Brush the already made cake with 3 tablespoons apricot jam.
- Set aside 175 g marzipan and use the rest to cover the cake. Place the cake on the board gently. Kneed the icing lightly and roll out on a work surface dusted with icing sugar large enough to cover the cake.
- Dampen the marzipan, then lift the icing carefully over the cake. Smooth over the top and down the sides
- Color the icing trimming with your favorite color but as it is Christmas you can o for red color to mimic holly berries. Leave to dry.
- To beautify it more use a dampen paintbrush to moisten the icing so you can attach the leaves and berries in a wreath shape. The marzipan shapes are to be left overnight on baking paper.
Your Christmas wreath cake is ready to be served.
4. Cranberry Christmas Cake
Cranberries are just perfect for a festive desert. Could be defined as classic old fashioned yet delighted. Ready?
- Alright, preheat oven to 350 F. line a 9*13 cake pan with parchment paper.
- Now, in a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla.
- Mix them for 3 minutes. Fold in cranberries. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Here comes my favorite part. Bake for 31-38 minutes. Let cool completely. Once cooled, you know what to do with it .
3. Marry Berry’s Christmas Cake
Well this should be your choice for the Christmas dessert though a little time taking but you see every good thing takes time to happen and it’s worth it.
- You need to put all the dried fruit in a container, pour over the sherry and stir in the orange zest.
- Cover with a lid and soak for three days, stirring daily. Don’t get scared with its time, you will be happy with the end result hopefully.
- Grease and line a 9 inch deep round tin with a double layer of greased grease proof paper.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C. Measure the butter, sugar, eggs, treacle and almonds in a large bowl and beat well. Add flour and mixed spice and mix thoroughly until blended. Stir in the soaked fruits.
- Spoon into the prepared cake tin and level the surface. Bake for 4-4 ½ hours. Leave it to cool in the tin.
- Now to be careful with this, when cooled, pierce the cake at intervals and add a little extra sherry.
- Wrap the cake in double layer of grease proof paper and again in foil and store it in a cool place. If you are left with a lot of it, you can store it for 3 months the same way. Decorate with almonds and serve it well.
2. Christmas Cheesecake
Say yes for a cheese cake. Yes, I am a big fan of cheese and when in cake, you can’t beat me there. I believe everybody love cheese as I do. So, let’s make our Christmas cheesy.
- As always and being the first step, preheat oven to 325 F. Grease 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Don’t forget to warp the spring form pan in aluminum foil to make sure no water leaks in when you place it in water bath.
- First, pulse Oreo cookies in a food processor to make fine crumbs and stir in melted butter. Press the mixture firmly in the spring form pan and place in the freezer.
- Take a short break till if firms. Next, mix cream cheese, sugar and peppermint extract to combine. Add eggs and mix. Don’t over mix. Then fold in sour cream.
- The batter should be pour able. Reserve half of it in white color and divide the remaining into two half to add red and green color.
- To make striped effect, pour the batter in small amounts in the crust. Start with white batter and alternate it with green and red.
- Gently shake the pan to cause spreading. Transfer the spring form pan in large roasting pan filled with hot water halfway through. Place in the oven and bake 90-110 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and keep the oven for 1 more hour. Take it out and let it cool at room temperature first and then in refrigerator for 2 hours. That’s it, your cheesy cheese cake is ready to be gulped up.
1. Surprise Inside Cake
Surprise are always fun, right? Then why not in a cake? But what should be a surprise in a cake. Alright, let it be for Santa. Yes, Santa’s belt surprise cake it is. This impressive cake has more than meets the eye. Once sliced open, you’ll reveal Santa’s belt inside to all. It is going to take time but you see good things take time to happen.
Recipe Starts by baking your cakes.
- 3 red velvet layers and 2 chocolates.
- Chill these layers until ready to begin.
- Prepare a butter cream recipe and tint red.
- Prepare the recipe of whipped butter cream.
- Remove one cup of it and tint grey. Now the effort begins.
- Place chocolate cake on a flat surface.
- Press the 3 inch cookie cutter in the center of it to make an indentation.
- Cut round the circle and carefully remove the center piece.
- Now carefully place the chocolate cake on a red velvet cake.
- Using a cookie cutter, press through to chocolate cake and just barely into red velvet cake.
- Pick up chocolate cake and repeat on another layer of red velvet cake.
- Now take a sharp paring knife and remove a layer of red velvet from the center.
- Fill in the cut out section with grey frosting.
- Spread red butter cream around the edges.
- Place the chocolate layer of cake direction on top of velvet layer.
- Place the circle cake back into the center.
- You will see a gap in between the center piece and chocolate cake. Fill it with grey frosting.
- Carefully spread red butter around edges.
- Now place the other layer of red velvet that you have removed.
- Cover in a thin layer of red buttercream.
- Place the final layer of velvet cake on top in a crumb coat of buttercream.
- Chill it for at least 1 hour. Place a final layer of red butter cream evenly and pipe out a dollop of white frosting on top of cake in center.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy the visual effects before eating it, when you cut a slice. This is for sure your best and delicious cake for the Christmas.